Thursday Evenings, September 7th through October 19th, 2017
In this class:
Rev. Will assists you to examine your own spiritual path, with a focus on creating a spiritual vision for a new world, and a new worldview.
- Through encouraging lecture, intriguing class dialog, deep meditation, multimedia, and references to the master teachers of many cultures and multiple traditions, Rev. Will escorts you through the maze of human life with all its spiritual assumptions, predicaments, and limitations, to show you how to create and live a new personal vision for your life, and contribute to a new worldview for all.
- This course uses as its primary reference book Emmanuel’s Book – A Manual for Living Comfortably in the Cosmos, and quotes and stories from other master teachers.
CLASS WEEKLY OUTLINE:
- September 7th, 2017: What is the nature of God? What is a human being? What causes human suffering?Forgetting, or resistance to the Light?
- September 14th, 2017: Explore human evolution: What is the purpose of all this? Where did we come from; where are we going? The evolution of consciousness; the return to God (ultimate reality), to truth. The purpose of individuation, or separation.
- September 21st, 2017: What is love and “compassion?” What is the “heart" and the “mind?” What is the soul? How are we all “one?” The necessity of compassion and other qualities in the new world.
- September 28th, 2017: What is consciousness? What is the field of consciousness we all share really like? Are our states of consciousness being transformed by our human experiences? Does consciousness come from the brain, or vice versa? Why do human beings seem to have a shadow side?
- October 5th, 2017: What is a "spiritual path?" How can I tell if I am getting the maximum benefit from my life and my "path?" What is our true nature, beyond our concept of "spiritual beings?" What are we as "souls?" Where is human evolution going, collectively? Are we going to be able in the near future to achieve a peaceful planet with harmony among humans, --and humans and other species?
- October 12th, 2017: What is the best way to live our lives? Are there spiritual practices we could be doing to cultivate a new way of human life? Is a spiritual teacher necessary, or helpful? What is illness in the body? Does it serve a spiritual purpose? Can we learn to heal more quickly? What is death? Is it instructional, as some traditions claim? Are there other realms we go to after we die as a human being?
- October 19th, 2017: Spiritual issues of our era: Are we heading towards destruction of our planet and ourselves? What can we do to steer our species in a positive direction? Are our present forms of government obsolete? They seem to be malfunctioning. What forms could take their place?