"Today more and more people are realizing that spirituality is an important, missing piece in their lives. Yet many are not finding the kind of spiritual community and practical teachings they're looking for in traditional churches.
Unity is different! Unity is a positive, practical teaching that embraces all faiths and recognizes the intrinsic worth of every human being. Unity helps you create a happier, healthier more meaningful life.
Many years ago, I found what I was looking for in Unity. I felt as if I had "come home." Perhaps, you too will find what you are looking for here at The Unity Center. I hope you'll check us out some Sunday morning soon and discover the "Unity difference."
Rev. Wendy Craig-Purcell
What We Believe
- God (Spirit) is the Source and Creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and equally present everywhere.
- We are spiritual beings created in God's image. The spirit of God lives within each of us; therefore, all people are inherently good.
- We create our life experiences through our way of thinking, feeling and acting.
- There is power in meditation and affirmative prayer.
- Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
Spiritually Progressive: Unity is a spiritually progressive path. Through spiritual teaching and practice, Unity helps people live consciously and create lives of meaning and purpose.
Always Growing: Members of The Unity Center value personal growth and we seek it. We are open and curious; interested in life. We recognize that everyone and everything can teach us something and help us grow spiritually.
Building Community: The Unity Center is all about community. Living, laughing and sharing together with people of like mind and heart. The Unity Center is a joyful, vibrant and safe place to awaken and grow.
Beyond Ourselves: Members of The Unity Center recognize that we are global citizens and part of one human family. Therefore, we care for each other and our world. We are committed to making a positive difference locally and globally.